Senior Backend (Ruby) Developer
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Backend Developer to be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You should be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team, along with developers, engineers, and web designers.
- Develop patterns and processes to improve reliability, scalability, and regionality
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration and maintenance of data storage solutions (PostgresSQL, Redis)
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, PostgresSQL, Redis, Firebase, AWS, Heroku
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, RDBMS, Caching, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Sourcetree)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- The position is REMOTE (Work from Home is completely OK)
- Hiring Interviews are ONLINE (through Zoom Video conference)
Who are we?
Qooper is a customer-backed SaaS company that helps associations, universities, businesses and enterprises power mentoring and learning success within the organization. With clients like YRC Worldwide, Venture for America, and ACCA Global, Qooper is being used in hundreds of organizations globally while facilitating millions of interactions every day.
As we grow, we are building a team that does awesome work and has an amazing time doing it. If you’re looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define the future of mentoring and learning, we would love to talk to you!
We provide benefits and support to help you rest easy and focus on things that matter. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive $ (Dollar) Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Hours & Workspaces
- Learning & Development Support
Qooper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.